Fall Into Fashion



Good morning all! I am going to make this quick as I want to get to Michaels before the world starts getting up. That way I can look scrubbie and not do my hair ;)

So if you will remember, I predicted 200 entries for our Anything Goes challenge at Bee Crafty. Well I was WAY off and we had a total of 403. Oh my word! Thanks to all that played. I didn't get to everyones entries as I just couldn't keep up!!

This fortnightly (bi-weekly) challenge is Fall Into Fashion. This could be emphasis on a piece of clothing or anything to do with fasion.

I used "Contemporary Girl" and jazzed her up:


I tried to come up with a clever play on words, this is all I could come up with:

Card Ingredients:
Bee Crafty image; me & my BIG ideas animal print paper; Recollections cardstock; Copics; Circle Nestie; Craft Smart Brick Red ink; Celebrate It ribbon; Recollections and RAK gems; button; twine.


Conversation with husband:
me: Help me with a play on words - could be leopard, fashion, animals, lady.
husband: Happy Snowy Leopard Day!
me: No, that doesn't make sense. It has to be a PLAY on words. No one says that. Try again.
husband: Leisure Suit Leopard!
me: What the heck does that mean?
husband: I used to play a game called Leisure Suit Larry.
me: Nevermind...

Later...
me: I came up with one! It is kind of lame. You are grrrrreat! You know, because a leopard will growl.
husband: That doesn't even make sense.

So that was the end of that LOL! Needless to say, we had fun!


I had these fabbie challenges in mind when making this grrrreat card:

Thanks all for stopping by. Enjoy your weekend and I will see you all on Monday.
Photobucket

Comments

Dotty Jo said…
Grrrrrrrreat card Deanne! I have truly obscure conversations with my hubby too, Jo x
Andrew McKinlay said…
Since when do you ever look "scrubbie"?

I remember Leisure Suit Larry.

- from the other guy that reads your blog :-)
Derek said…
I still think mine is better!! Andrew understood it. This is like a record, 2 comments from guys on 1 post!!! You are expanding into new markets :-)
This is fantastic, thanks for the chuckle too.
Hugs
Tanya
Julia said…
haha Leisure Suit Larry - classic! That was a funny convo u and Derek had.

Grrrrroovy looking card!
Jingle said…
This is so fabulous! I love her dress!!!!
girlia said…
Regardless of the sentiment it is still a beautiful card. Love it.
Lol loved reading about your conversation with your hubby - does he make cards?! Wonderful card! I love your design and the way the print bg is also on the dress! Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week and for the good laugh!
So stylish!!Thanks for joining us at Paper Play! :)

Popular Posts