"Communion" Linda



Today's Ramblings:
Bah - I don't much care for Mondays. Derek tells me only 25 more years until retirement. Hopefully it will only feel like 23 *heehee* Oh well, such is life. I am hoping that this week brings lots and lots of sunshine, as my flower garden is in desperate need of it. I guess it could be worse: I hear to the West of us, they got dreaded Spring snow - yuck!

Alright, no more Monday blues...

I am so proud of the card I am sharing with you today - I LOVE bright and fun colors, so I took on the challenge of an all white card. Not only are all white cards very difficult for me, but I find them very difficult to photograph too! Challenge excepted!!!!

I started with Wedding Linda {found here}, and took away her veil:

And I made her into a "Communion" Linda:


Card Ingredients:
StampFairy digi; Bazzill and Recollections cardstock; Copics; Gelly Roll white pen; Circle, Oval and Scalloped Oval Nesties; Fiskars Threading Water border punch; Martha Stewart Crystal and Stampendous! Kaleidoscope glitters; Dress It Up buttons; Recollections pearls; white floss.


I made Linda for the following challenges:
Have a wonderful Monday and I will see you all again mid-week.


Photobucket

Comments

Jingle said…
Your card is so pretty! I would cry if we got snow now! Fortunately, they are predicting mid to high 90's later this week. Lots of humidity, though. LOTS!
Gillian said…
Love your take on the sketch and all the different textures are fab. Cute image too. Thanks for joining in at Cardmadfairy's Digi Days. Gillian x
Julia said…
Very nice! A great white card indeed! And the pic turned out very well also! Great job! :)
Unknown said…
Wow Deanne, this is fabulous, very elegant and so sweet. Love it that you used this stamp for a Holy Communion card, you are so creative xxx
Merry said…
What a wonderful take on the sketch....love how you added the three buttons with the pearls around it. Terrific idea using the wedding image too. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Cardmadfairy Digi Days.
Jacq said…
Hi Deanne,
Oh this is just absolutely Gorgeous!!!! Cute image. Love the white colour scheme, the layout and embellishments look fab. Coloured so beautifully as always.
Hugs Jacqui xxxxxx
Ciska said…
Wow, very impressive card, no wonder you're proud of it! I struggle with all white cards too, I love you take on it! Thanks for sharing with us at Card Makin' Mamas!
Lynne said…
Linda is so adorable. You did a spectacular job.
Great card Deanne I love the buttons and pearls too!!

Thanks for joining in our all white challenge this week at Allsorts

Emma xxx
mckinkle said…
Hello Deanne,

I had a quick panic when I read that to the west of you was snow! Then I rushed to check your location and sighed! Thank goodness its not over here!!

Oh what a beautiful card!

I really really love all white cards they just ooze elegance to me and the image (converted) is just perfect for the Communion cards.

Thanks for playing along with us this week in our Texture challenge at Delicious Doodles!

Keryn :)
Corie said…
This is absolutely precious!!
Sprytebyrd said…
Love how you've used your scraps here, Deanne! It's a beautiful card! The buttons are my favorite part!
Thanks so much for playing along with the Card Makin Mamas this week! Have Fun and I hope to see you again soon!
Hugs, Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments
Brenda said…
ohhh how precious!
hugs
Brenda
Donna said…
Stunning card Deanne and such a beautiful CAS design, the white work is amazing! Thank you for playing along with us at CES this week :) Donna x
Mummylade said…
what a wonderful creation. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck!

Popular Posts