Put on Yer Boots!

{Under Construction - I am in the process of re-doing my blog. Everything has run amuck!}


Good morning! It is a beautiful Thursday morning here. It has cooled a bit overnight and the sun is just coming over the trees in the horizon. Thursday is going to be a good day, I can just feel it!


Today I have a special card to share with you all. It is my 2nd easel card (I think I am getting the hang of it!). Of course now I see people are now making shaped easel cards - see, told you I was behind times!!

I started with Cowboy Piggy {found here}:
Piggy


There is just something about this critter that I love! I don't get a chance to use him a lot, but when I do, he puts a big smile on my face - wouldn't you agree!?!?
Piggy


Piggy


"Dziekuje" is "Thank You" is Polish (and Ukrainian too I do believe):
Piggy



My first attempt at sewing around a shape - I was very nervous!
Piggy

Card Ingredients:
StampFairy
digi; My Mind's Eye papers; Recollections cardstock; Copics; Gelly Roll white pen; Oval Nesties; Dress It Up buttons; blue floss



I made Cowboy Piggy for the following challenges:
Your Next Step - 3 embellies (stars), 2 DP papers, 1 image
ABC Challenges - Z is for Zoo Animals (mine is more of a petting zoo critter)
Creative Card Crew - Animal Antics
Kaboodle Doodles - stitching
There's Magic In the Air - LOTS of layers (8 on the front)
Happileigh Scrappin' - shaped or fancy fold cards
Sweet Sketch -


I do hope you enjoy your Thursday - we are one day away from a long weekend here - can't wait!
Photobucket

Comments

Now this is fun, I feel as if I am getting ready for a Hoedown! LOVE the polkadot paper and the perfect paper piecing! Not to mention the really pretty profile picture you just put up.
Hugs
Tanya
~amy~ said…
rockin' the stichin'...love it:)
Jingle said…
I absolutely LOVE this one!!!! So cute! I love it! (P.S. You should check out the pixies! You would do awesome things with their images!!!)
Brenda said…
BEAUTIFUL gf!!!!!
hugs
Brenda
Lynne said…
I always enjoy reading your 'Ramblings'. It helps me feel in touch with you. Your card is amazing, the image is super adorable, and I so agree that he puts a smile on my face as well, and your stitching is absolutely superb. I love the font you used today. Great creativity in every way!!!
Unknown said…
Awww yes I agree, he is so stinkin' cute :) and your card is fabulous, love the colourful papers and the red just makes it pop!!
Jeannie said…
You got a big smile from me! Love the polka dot papers and the big button! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie
Linda Anderson said…
Deanne, this is one sweet card!! I do love your Cowboy Piggy all dressed up in his red with white polka dotted hat and scarf! And I bow down to you for sewing around those ovals...you are goooooooood! Thanks for joining us at SSW.

Linda
I know what you mean about being behind the times. I feel that way to sometimes. I am yet to make an easel card. You are a step ahead of me. I am lovin your new blog look. Your card is darling as usual!! The Cowboy Piggy is super cute. He really does make one smile. I amso glad that you are continuing to join us. I always look so forward to seeing what you create!
Thanks,
Nancy SSW
wannabcre8tive said…
Aww, this is so cute, great choice of dp's Thanks for joining us at the Paper Cupcakes-There's Magic in the Air challenge.
Hello Deanne, I love that Cowboy Piggy too! I think he puts a smile on anyones face. What a super cute Thank You card! Fab job on the easel...I haven't made one of those yet myself....but would like too. Your stitching is fabulous! You did a great job! Love your new blog and your new picture! Sure miss you on the DT but we are glad you are playing along! Have a great week! Hugs! Judi
Jess Willison said…
Adorable! He is so cute....makes me smile too!
Patti P. said…
What a fun, happy card...love the red polka dots and am amazed at your sewing, something way beyond me. So glad you are playing at SSW this week and I love your new picture! Have a great weekend.
Patti SSW/DT
Bettina L. said…
Such a gorgeous card. Love the colours and the design. Thanks for playing at Kaboodle Doodles this week and good luck. Bettina
Kathie said…
O.M.G GIRL, love your new look on your blog but your new photo is totally amazing it's stunning. You have such a lovely smile it totally rocks and so does your card, very cute pig puts a smile on my face as well. Missing you heaps and heaps. I'm so glad the sun is out for you we had an awesome day yesterday a frost over night but a hot sunny day. Take care, great job of your card as always and thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Kathie SSW-DT
Star said…
Oh this is so cute!! That image is just too adorable.

Thank you for playing with us this week at Happileigh Scrappin'.

xx Star
Arlana 11426 said…
Oh Deanne I love the sweet piggy. It just so sweet. You go girl on your sewing. It looks so perfect. Love your new pic of you. Have a sweet day!!!!
Jackie Randolph said…
This one has to be my all time Favorite!! Love the polka dots!!
Thanks for sharing and playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

Hugs
Jackie
Angélique said…
I just love this card! Fab easelcard!
Thanks for joining us at ABC-Challenges. Hope to see you this week as well :)

*hugs*
Angélique

Popular Posts