Jake's Buddy:


Good morning all - I hope you have had a great Monday and that Tuesday will be even better.

I apologize for not being around too much lately, my shoulders are back up to no good these past couple of weeks.  My cards are taking longer than ever, with many breaks in between.  The sooner I am out of my craft room and off the computer I always feel just a little bit better.

So with that being said, I will have a lot of CAS cards this week, they are just easier and quicker to do, and my shoulders thank me at the end of the night :)

This week StampFairy is sponsoring Top Tip Tuesday's 2nd week Christmas challenge.

I used this little cutie Jake, and once again, did not colour his snow buddy.  When I colour snowmen, snowladies, snowflakes or just snow, they look d-i-r-t-y.  So my trick is to shade around snow.

Card Ingredients:  StampFairy digi, Echo Park papers, DCWV and Recollections cardstock, Prismacolor pencils, American Crafts jute, Gelly Roll white pen.  Tools:  mineral spirits and blending stumps, EK Success corner punch.

I made this card for the following challenges:  'ABC' Challenge and 4 Crafty Chicks - snowmen, One Stop Craft - friends, Totally Papercrafts - for the boys, Winter Wonderland - red/blue, Moving Along with the Times - CAS.

Have a wonderful Tuesday and I will see you all again tomorrow!

Photobucket

Comments

Jingle said…
I love this one! One of my favorites! So cute! I love the simple design, too!
Dawn said…
Your card is beautiful. I love the CAS design and your colouring is gorgeous. Very sweet image.

Hugs, Dawn
So stinking cute! adorable paper pieced scarves.
Tons of Hugs, Dangina
Tamie said…
Love, love, love your clean and simple card. The image is awesome and so are the colors. The twine is a perfect touch. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks. Have a wonderful day!
Lynne said…
Such an adorable image and I really like your string and bow. Please take care of yourself and give your shoulders a much needed break. I want you feeling well for the holidays.
downrightcrafty said…
totally gorgeous creation with great use of the colors, thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate xx
Leanne said…
Thanks for playing our snowman challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job!
carol said…
Gorgeous creation, thanks for playing along with us at TPC x carol
Ger said…
Fab card and I love your colouring! Thankyou for joining us this week at ABC Challenges
Rosie Gustafson said…
Awesome, wonderful coloring. Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenges. Hugs Xx Rosie
ladyjanet_56 said…
Oh poor you what a lot of pain you must have been in, this is a Beautiful card I love the image & layout, thank you for joining us at OSCC. Janet

Merry Christmas & great 2013

What a darling CAS card you've made! Love your tip for shading around the snow rather than trying to make it look whiter. Thanks so much for joining us this week at 'ABC' Challenges!
Lela said…
Very cute, the coloring is wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenge Blog this week
Patty Gorka said…
This is just perfect, I love CAS cards! Hope your shoulders get better! So glad you joined us this week at ABC Challenges!
This is stunning! Love the simplicity and the cute cute image! Also love how you tied the twine. Beautiful!

Thank you for participating in ABC Challenges this week!

Popular Posts