Christmas Tree Barry:


Good morning all!  It is simply gorgeous out this morning, I almost want to take my laptop and coffee out under our gazebo but that just seems like too much work this early in the morning ;)

I finally was able to work on another Christmas card, it's been quite a few weeks and my Christmas card count is going much too slowly for my liking.  I guess slow and steady will get me there.

I used some fun, non traditional papers (called Park Bench) and colours.  Did you notice there isn't one embellishment on the whole card??  Hopefully not, I made it fussy enough that I hope it's not lacking a ribbon or a pearl ;)



 I used sweet lil Barry, and of course, gave him a paper pieced toque (hat) and scarf (yes, I am Canadian and it's a toque):

Card Ingredients:  StampFairy digi, Fancy Pants Park Bench papers, Recollections cardstock, Craftsmart Teal ink, Prismacolor pencilsTools:  mineral spirits and blending stumps, makeup sponge (for blending sky), sewing machine, Rectangle Nesties, Making Memories edge distresser.

I created this card for the following challenges:  Christmas Challenges w Sketches - sketch (do not display sketch), ABC Christmas - no embellishments, Sparkles Christmas - Christmas tree, Holly Jolly - outdoors, ChristmasStampin'AYL - machine stitching.

 That's it for me today - have a super wonderful weekend!

Photobucket

Comments

Desire Fourie said…
This is just packed with cuteness. Loving the paper piecing.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}
Unknown said…
Deanne this is superb, love the image and the fresh colours xxx
Chrissy said…
Fantastic colouring Deanne and just love the paper piecing.Love the layers and papers too..fabulous card.

luv CHRISSYxx
Mieke said…
Such a nice card you made. Thanks for joining te challenge of the CCWS blog!!!

have a nice evening.

XX Mieke
Sara I. said…
Too cute for words! Love the papers and the stitching! xx
Annette said…
Definitely not lacking in anything Deanne. He's adorable and love the non traditional colours
Have a lovely weekend
Hugs
Annette
xx
Lotte said…
Beautiful card. Thank you for playing along with us this week at CCWS Hugs Lotte
JanR said…
Darn right it's a toque. :-)

Wonderful card! I love all the papers, the distressing and the stitching. And Barry looks fab too!
Heather said…
Welcome back, Deanne! I noticed you've been missing for a while. Your card is amazing as always, I don't think anyone will even miss the embellishments (that aren't). I love his little pieced toque and scarf.
Heather said…
Oops! I forgot to say "Thanks for playing with CSAYL."
Wilma said…
Hi Deanne,
Your card is adorable!!
Sooo cute ;-)
Thanks for playing along this week at CCWS (so nice that you play each week!)
Love Wilma
Sleepy Stamper said…
Deanne is such a sweet card. This card looks so cute even without any embellishments!

Hugs,
Anitra
Meighan Wheller said…
Love this card Deanne. Wonderful image and wonderfully coloured. Love the bright colours. Thanks for sharing with us at Holly Jolly this week and we hope you will join us again soon. Meighan DT
Ros Crawford said…
Cute as cute can be!
Bettina L. said…
Absolutely gorgeous. Love the scene with layers and sewing and gorgeous colouring. Thanks for playing at ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back wednesday for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at ABC Christmas Challenge xx
Helen said…
Fabulous card - love the sweet image...and all the distressing & stitching...just my kind of thing! :0)
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x
Angela said…
Wow your card is really wonderful.
Thank you for joining us at or No Embellishment Challenge by ABC Christmas Challenge
Hope to see you again
Hugs and greetings
Angela DT
Angela said…
Wow your card is really wonderful.
Thank you for joining us at or No Embellishment Challenge by ABC Christmas Challenge
Hope to see you again
Hugs and greetings
Angela DT

Popular Posts