02.23.14


Don't forget to proofread when building a sentiment!

Yep, that is my tip for all of you.  I used JustRite Just the Right Words and stamped a lovely sentiment for a really awesome person.  Unfortunately I did not take my own advice and when finished assembling my card, this is what I noticed:

NO!

NO!

NOOOOOOO!


*I can tell you with certainty that I wasn't very pleased with myself*

Not only did I work on this card for the better part of the afternoon, but my husband wanted to see it (twice) as it is for him to give.  Neither of us even noticed :(

I couldn't take it apart and restamp so I had to add a little "you" stamp. 
Awkward looking - oh so sad :(

Card Ingredients:
Stamps:  JustRite Just the Right Words
Inks: Stampin' Up! Purely Pomegrenate
Papers:  Fancy Pants Beloved, BasicGrey Fresh Cuts

Cardstock: Bazzill, Recollections
Bits/Bobs: Recollections gems, Celebrate It ribbon and lace, Wild Orchid flowers, random paper doily
Tools: Lacey Squares and Squares Nesties, Martha Stewart Butterfly punch, sewing machine


I created this card for the following challenges:  Wild Orchid Challenge - "It's a Stitch Up", JustRite Friday Challenge - cheerful Spring colour palette, Fussy and Fancy - sketch


Have a fantastic week and don't forget to proofread ;)

Photobucket

Comments

Thanks for joining us at WOC with your stunning card! Love it!

Best regards, Malin ♥
Nathalie said…
Very cute card. I love colors and papers. Thanks for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge.
Nathalie
Saw your card on the Just Rite challenge link and just had to come by and say, wow! I love the way you met this challenge and conquered it. Your card is awesome opossum!
Annette said…
Oh hun, I can imagine your heart sinking. I think the revised version looks fine though. To be honest the recipient probably wouldn't have noticed either though! LOL
Hugs
Annette
xx
Larissa Heskett said…
Well This is just BEAUTIFUL!! Even with the accident and you really did a GREAT job with squweezing in that you, because I probably wouldn't have thought any thing of it either if you wouldn't have said anything!! Anymore there are so many stamp sets that are putting different words together and using different fonts and sizes!! It turned out AMAZING and the recipient will LOVE and Cherish it I'm sure!! ;) turn that Frown right side up!! ;) THANKS for sharing and I hope you have a Fabulous Week!! ;)
JD/ Jill said…
I think this card looks amazing, and in your final version...If I had only seen that card....I would have definitely thought that was your original intention. You did a great job fixing it, and to make you feel better...I have this same set of stamps (I really like them and use them a lot) But I did sort of the same thing with them...
Sheri said…
OMG! That is so funny! I have done that so many times myself. You can't even really tell though!! I probably wouldn't even have noticed 00 great save! Thanks for sharing with us at JustRite inspiration ;-)
Shona said…
Your card is so beautiful, and the sentiment looks great.
Unknown said…
Your card is just beautiful.

Popular Posts