05.10.14:


We have all seen it:  watercolour.  I ran to Michaels last week (I couldn't *possibly* wait for something on-line) and picked up some cheap watercolour paints, brushes, and cold press watercolour paper.  (BTW:  Cold press = textured paper, more easily forgiving.  Hot press = flat paper.)

Looks rather simple, right?  Wrong.

I have been working with watercolour paints all week and since today, have thrown all my little watercolour creations away.  In the garbage.  Goodbye.
I should really join the on-line watercolour class at OnLineCardClasses.com but I am just way too stubborn :)


Determination keeps me going.

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp! Giving Thanks
Inks: ColorBox Frost White, Artist's Loft Watercolor Pan paints
Cardstock: Artist's Loft Watercolor Pad
Bits/Bobs:  KaiserCraft Wooden Speech Bubble, Stampendous! White embossing powder
Tools: EK Success Corner punch, heat embossing gun


I created this card for the following challenges:

 Retro Sketches




Photobucket

Comments

Sheri Gilson said…
Fabulous card, Deanne! Love it! I know what you mean though...tried Gelatos and it definitely takes practice! ;)
Dana Joy said…
Well for someone who hasn't taken the class you sure are good. LOL
Sharon Wheet said…
understand your frustration and determination to do it on your own.
And, your final piece looks AMAZING! You have given the rest of us the spark we may need to try something different, even if we fail at first.
Your card is AMAZING!
Susan Joyce said…
These colours are amazing together and I think you nailed the watercolour aspect, great card Deanne.
Jingle said…
This is very cute! (The class is great, btw. ;) )
Bonnie said…
I think this is beautiful! Maybe you need to take another look at the "trash". It might make pretty butterflies!

Popular Posts