Merry Monday 158:


Good morning all!  I hope you enjoyed your weekend.  We bought a 20 foot tree and managed to get it into the ground yesterday - so excited that our new build yard is coming together!!!  I can't wait to see birds in our trees (we are bird lovers) =)


This week at Merry Monday, I have chosen the theme of using a STENCIL on your Christmas card:




I must tell you a secret.  I struggled IMMENSELY with this challenge.  And this is MY challenge.  I love using stencils.  I must have put too much pressure on myself as this was my THIRD attempt at a card.


I started with some texture with My Favorite Things Diagonal Stripes and Ranger Texture paste.  The die is from Avery Elle's Simply Said: Happy Elle-ments with a So Happy sentiment stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  I added some Reverse Confetti's North Pole Wishes Confetti Cuts and lastly some sequins and gems.



As always, do not forget to check out the rest of my teamies' fantastic creations at Merry Monday and come play along too!!!

Looking for more Christmas inspiration??  Come visit our Pinterest page:  Merry Monday Design Team Christmas Card Creations

Have a fantastic Monday - cheers all!


Comments

JanR said…
Sure can't tell that you struggled....it's absolutely fantastic!
Shelly said…
This is awesome! Love it!
Margot said…
WoW! That green color rocks! !
Thanks for the fun challenge on Merry Monday! I finally used my embossing paste - LOL. Just love your inspiration card with the fun stripes and the bright sentiment!!
Bonnie said…
Your card makes me want to use some embossing paste (and I never thought I'd say that!)! Perfect CAS card! Your struggle paid off! Great challenge! Hope you have a wonderful week!
Deanne, I LOVE the textured paste effect...such a WOW factor!!! Hope you have a great week!
Lori Turner said…
Deanne, this little gem made me grin from ear to ear....it's soooo pretty and just so bright and cheery!!! Awesome challenge this week girl!
Karren said…
Isn't it funny how our own challenges cause us the most grief! But I have to say your third attempt is perfection! Every little detail is just right.
Irish Cherokee said…
Awesome perfection Deanne. If this is the result of you struggling to create a card it sure does not show. Gorgeous.

Hugs and Blessings
Jim
Kristie Goulet said…
LOVE this, Deannne and this challenge! Super awesome card. Have a great week!
Susan Joyce said…
Love your card Deanne, such a modern take on a fabulous challenge. We love to see birds in our garden, we have a water bath in a tree and the different birds come to visit in waves to drink and wash, it is such a lovely sight to see the different species drop in.
Katie Melhus said…
Fabulous texture and such vibrant green, love this! Have a fabulous week!
stampwithsandy said…
Wow! The texture on this card is amazing, Deanne! I love the bright, modern shade of green, too. So happy to be guest at Merry Monday! Thanks for having me!
Bananastamper said…
Absolutely brilliant - wow is right! LOVE everything about this!!!

Popular Posts